Best Computer Game Software, Games, and Sites
If you're a fan of computer games then you want to know what the best ones are to play. This includes knowing who the best computer game software providers are too. There are lots of great sites that provide you with all the latest up to date information on games including reviews, previews, and more. On this page of our site, we have our list of top computer game software, Best games, and more.
Top 5 Computer Game Software Providers
- Ninendo: Nintendo was founded way back in 1989 by Fusajiro Yamauchi and its headquarters are in Kyoto, Japan. There are offices located around the world as well. They are the world's largest computer game company by revenue and they have a net value of over $85 billion. Games they are recognized for include Mario, Pokémon, and the Legend of Zelda.
- Valve Corporation: This company is based in Washington and has a subsidiary in Luxembourg. It was founded by Gabe Newell and Mike Harrington back in 1996 and has a total equity of over $2.5 billion. Some of their best computer games include the Counter-Strike series, Dota 2, and Day of Defeat series.
Rockstar Games: This company is based in New York City and is owned by Take-Two Interactive. It was founded in 1998 by Sam House, Dan Houser, Terry Donovan, Jamie King, and Gary Foreman. Their best computer games include Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead, Midnight Club, Bully, and Max Payne.
- Electronic Arts: This computer game software company is based in Redwood City and is commonly referred to as EA Games. It was founded in 1982 by Trip Hawkins and is worth over $4.5 billion. Their top games include the FIFA series, Battlefield series, Army of Two Series, Star Wars series, and The Simpsons series.
- Activision Blizzard: This company is located in California and was worth over $4.6 billion back in 2015. It is a listed company on the NASDAQ. Some of their best video games include the Call of Duty series, Crash Bandicoot series, Spyro the Dragon series, and Tony Hawks series.
Best Computer Games to Play
There are hundreds of great video games to play and narrowing the list down is touch. Many of these games are available to play on PC as well as console and mobile devices. Below we have our top 5.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: This computer game comes with stunning graphics and huge explorable environments. It has great combat and is one of the most ambitious open-world RPG's to date. It is jam packed with details and once you start playing you'll want to explore every inch of this amazing world.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition: This game places you in the heart of huge, vibrant world that is so much bigger than all the games before it. It packs in more than 90 hours of gameplay into the storyline and the use of smart dialogue, compelling plot, and massive sandbox will have you engrossed for a long time.
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft: This game is very easy to learn but hard to master. It is inspired by World of Warcraft and combines classes, characters, and a bit of fortune to win. You get to improve your skills by playing and there are some great in-game rewards too. Practice makes perfect in this computer game and it can be quite addictive too.
- Dark Souls 3: This new game in the series takes everything you loved about the others and combines it with elements found in Bloodbourne. It takes a lot of skill to master this game and it complex combat system in this fantastical world and you can expect to spend a good many hours playing.
- Pillars of Eternity: This RPG combines highly detailed technical combat with hundreds of hours of gameplay. It looks incredible and features plenty of interesting characters, baddies and clever writing to have all players hooked.
What Makes a Good Computer Game
Computer game software developers have a lot of competition if they want to stand out and the best computer games have a number of things in common. They are original, fresh, and replayable. They are also full of surprises because let's face it, repetition leads to boredom. The best games also provide equal opportunity for players to win and you should always be in with a chance of winning in the end. Games lose their appeal if players don't have any hope of winning or if they are eliminated too early in the game. Durability, functionality, and visual appeal are also important components that computer game software companies must get right. All games have to have tension too because long periods of low tension will lead to boredom too. The best computer games are the ones that stay with you and make you long to play it again and again.
Computer Game Sites
Computer game sites are a great way to stay in the loop and find out about computer game software and the best games at the moment. On these sites, you'll find up to date reviews, game previews, free download, the latest free online games, and so much more. If you're a fan of computer games, be sure to check out our recommended sites.