Best Gaming Software and Video Games to Play
Computer game development is a massive industry and there are several big video game development studios in the world today. Here at BlueCastleGames, we bring you all the information you'll ever need on the best gaming software, the best video games to play, different types of games, and more. You'll find reviews on the best new computer games and we even have a section dedicated to casino computer game development too.
Best Gaming Software
While the list of best gaming software companies changes every now and again, the best companies all have one thing in common and this is quality video games. They offer the best video games to play on computer and gaming consoles. These top companies produce some of the best video games in the world and their names are recognizable in most households. One of the great things about computer game development is that it is always evolving and changing as new technology is released.
Best Video Gaming Software Developers
The best new computer games tend to come from the best software providers and below we have an overview of the best computer game development studios. You'll find more information about each of these companies in our in-depth reviews.
- Nintendo: Based in Kyoto, Japan, this video game company has been around since 1979 and is one of the world's largest video game companies by revenue. They have a new value of over $85 billion. Some of their best video games include Mario, Pokémon, and Legend of Zelda.
- Valve Corporation: Based in Bellevue, Washington, this company was started back in 1996. It has a total equity of over $2.5 billion and is most responsible for a lot of the eSports games such as the Counter-Strike series, Dota 2, and Day of Defeat series.
- Rockstar Games: Based in New York, this company was founded in 1998 and has been responsible for some great video games. Most notable titles include Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead, Midnight Club, and Max Payne.
- Electronic Arts: Also known as EA games this company was established in 1982 and is worth over $4.5 billion. Some of their most recognizable titles include the FIFA series, Army of Two series, Battlefield series, Simpsons, and Star Wars.
- Activision Blizzard: Based in California this company is worth billions and is behind some well-known video games. Notable titles include the Call of Duty series, Crash Bandicoot series, Spyro the Dragon series, and the Tony Hawks series.
- Ubisoft: Based in Montreal in France, this company was founded in 1986 and has subsidiaries in 26 countries. Popular titles from this provider including the Assassin's Creed series, Far Cry series, Just Dance series, and the Tom Clancy series.
- Sega Games Co. Ltd: Based in Tokyo, Japan, the company was founded in 1940 and is responsible for some of the best video games ever including Sonic the Hedgehog, Virtua Fighter, Phantasy Star, and Total War.
- BioWare: Based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, this company has produced some great games including the Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series, Star Wars: Knights of the Olds, Republic series, and more.
- Naughty Dog Inc: Based in Santa Monica, California, this company was founded in 1984 and is now a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment. Games from Naughty Dog including Crash Bandicoot, Jax and Daxter, Unchartered, and The Last of Us.
Best Video Games To Play
There are so many games to choose from that it can be difficult to pick the best games. There are so many different types of games too. Below is a handful of the best games to play on computer. We have a lot more information on each of these throughout our site so be sure to check them out.
- Gravity Rush 2
- Resident Evil
- Dandy Dungeon
- She remembers Caterpillars
- For Honor
- Sniper Elite 4
- Halo Wars 2
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Torment: Tides of Numenera
Computer Game Development - Types of Computer Games
There are lots of different types of computer games that you can play and below is a list of the most common.
- Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) - These games are played on the internet against people from all over the world.
- Simulations - lets players take control of real-world vehicles so they can learn to control and use them. Pilots use aeroplane simulators for training.
- Adventure - Usually single player games often set in fantasy worlds where players complete puzzles to advance levels.
- Real-Time Strategy (RTS) - Players have to build up their inventory of items and the games move in real-time. Everyone can play the same game at the same time.
- Puzzle - from beginner to expert there are puzzles for everyone. These are brain games with no action involved.
- Action - These are fast-paced games where players complete challenges by fighting enemies.
- Stealth Shooter - there are war games or spy based games where players have to defeat their enemies.
- Combat - Players fight one on one with opponents, up close and personal.
- First Person Shooters (FPS) - The game is viewed through the eyes of the player and they can really get into the game.
- Sports - play games like baseball, basketball, soccer, and more. Work up through various levels.
- Role-Playing (RPG) - These are fantasy games where players play the main character and make decisions based on the games storylines.
- Educational - these are games that help with learning and can train players in a variety of subjects including math and science.
- Casino Games - this is where you can play real casino games on your computer.